Massage Therapy is a powerful healing modality. Within 20 minutes of a massage there are important biological and physiological changes taking place in the body. When the body is able to release tension and relax then the client can feel better on all levels: Physical, mental, and spiritual.
Massage frequently helps client’s become more aware of how their lifestyle and posture habits may be contributing to their chronic issues, for example : Sore neck, upper and lower back pain, and sciatic pain.
Making lifestyle changes such as performing regular exercise, stretching, and massage can really have powerful healing effects for clients suffering from chronic issues.
Even if you don’t suffer from any physical ailments or chronic issues, you can still get great benefits from massage. Some of the benefits of massage include revitalizing your body, restoring your energy, quieting the mind, getting better sleep, feelings of deep relaxation, and an all around improved sense of well being.
It is important to drink plenty of water after a session because massage helps improve circulation and releases stored up toxins in the body.
Additional Benefits of Massage
- Enhances Immunity by improving lymph flow
- Relaxes tired, overused, or injured muscles
- Can help reduce Depression and Anxiety
- Alleviate lower-back pain
- Increased range of motion
- Improves digestion
- Relieves migraine pain
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller
- Increases joint flexibility
- Pumps oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation